выхад: 5час падрыхтоўкі: 10 ХВІЛІН час прыгатавання: 15 ХВІЛІН агульны час: 25 ХВІЛІН
A quick and easy, classic seafood pasta dish using linguine or spaghetti and clams.
- 1 lb good quality linguine (or spaghetti)
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic
- (optional: fresh or dried cayenne pepper)
- small bunch of fresh, Italian parsley
- 4 oz dry white wine
- 1 lb fresh littleneck clams
- чорны перац
- (Soak the clams in advance of making the recipe. I sprinkle a little Kosher salt into the water and leave for an hour or two. Afterwards scrub them well, and rinse. If any are open and don't close when tapped against a hard surface, discard.)
- Before starting the clams, pop the pasta into a pot of salted water at a rolling boil. Cook according to the time on the package to "al dente", when the inside of the pasta is still a little hard.
- Fresh garlic is a must (do not use jarred, prechopped garlic), as well as good quality olive oil, Chop the garlic and parsley and add a little cayenne pepper, too, if you like.
- In a pan over medium high heat, add the garlic, then the parsley and hot pepper, if using.
- Before the garlic starts to brown, add the wine. Next, add the clams, and cover.
- Cook just as long as needed for them to open: usually about 5 minutes, but no more than 8 or 9 minutes (the larger the clams, the longer the cook time). Discard any that do not open at all. When ready, turn off the heat.
- Immediately add the linguine or spaghetti, straight from the pot using a pasta fork (do not drain the pasta unless you reserve a cup of the cooking water).
- Stir and toss to mix in the pasta with the clam sauce, adding some of the pasta water if needed (if it's too dry, it needs it). Serve immediately.