выхад: 20 FINGERS час падрыхтоўкі: 10 ХВІЛІН час прыгатавання: 30 ХВІЛІН агульны час: 40 ХВІЛІН
Classic and authentic Scottish Shortbread recipe containing only three ingredients: flour, butter and sugar.
- 340 g (2 1/4 cups) all purpose flour
- 113 г (1/2 шклянкі) цукру
- 227 g good quality salted butter, (2 sticks) softened (you can use unsalted, which is the norm for baking, but add a good pinch of salt)
- a little extra sugar for sprinkling on top of baked shortbread
Heat oven to 375º F (190 ºC)
- Mix all the ingredients together by hand or mixer, to a stiff consistency (the butter shouldn't be too soft, but also not straight from the fridge, especially if you use a mixer). Don't overwork the dough; stop when it just comes together
- Roll out into the shape of a pan or tin you want to bake them in. I baked this in an 8 x 8 pan. Trim the edges to the approximate size.
- FINGERS: Place it in the pan of your choice. One mistake many people make is rolling the shortbread too thin. Proper shortbread should be quite thick (no less than 3/4" or 2cm if making fingers). Tip: make sure your fingers are wide enough that a fork can prick them. Use a bench scraper or knife to cut the dough into fingers. Next, prick the shortbread with a fork, about half way through.
- ROUND: You can also shape the dough into a ball, roll it out into a round, and score into triangles, then prick with a fork.
- MOULD: (brush the mold with a little oil, and sugar first to ensure it comes out nicely). Roll out the dough, place over the mould and roll again to press into it. Remove the excess dough then turn out onto a tray. If your shortbread mould doesn't have a pretty design, prick it with a fork
- Place in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until slightly brown on edges. Sprinkle with sugar immediately upon removing from the oven. Shortbread shouldn't be darkly colored. Let your shortbread cool on or in the pan or tray before moving to rack to cool completely.