выхад: 16 СЕРВІС час падрыхтоўкі: 20 ХВІЛІН час выпякання: 2 ГАДЗІНЫ 45 МІНУТ агульны час: 3 ГАДЗІНЫ 5 МІНУТ
- 2 3/4 cups (326 g) all purpose (plain) flour
- 4 Tbsp (30 g) ground almonds
- 2 sticks (225 g) good quality butter
- 1 3/4 cups, lightly packed (225 g) brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Sherry (optional)
- 1 Tbsp molasses/treacle
- 6 яйкі
- 6 oz (175 g) Seville orange marmalade (any orange marmalade will work, but Seville is used in the original recipe)
- grated rind of one orange (preferably organic)
- 4 1/2 cups (454 g) golden raisins/sultanas
- 39 blanched almonds (no skin) or more or less to your liking to decorate the top
Oven temperature 300˚ F (150˚ C)
Butter an 8" springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Flour the sides.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and ground almonds. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, or bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, Sherry (if using) and molasses/treacle, until light and fluffy.
- Add an egg and mix thoroughly. Add a a little flour, then another egg. Proceed until all the eggs have been added, then add the remaining flour. Don't overmix the batter.
- At this time, add the marmalade and orange rind, and mix gently.
- Finally, add the golden raisins/sultanas until uniformly mixed.
- Put the thick batter into the prepared tin. Smooth the top of the cake with a spatula. Arrange the blanched almonds on top of the batter in concentric circles as symetrically as you can. You can add more almonds if you prefer.
- Place in the middle rack of the oven and bake for approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes. Check the cake (just take a peek) after two hours, and if it looks like the top is browning too much, cover with aluminum foil. Check the cake with a skewer or cake tester at about 2 hrs 15 minutes (or after you really smell the aroma of the cake). Remove it from the oven when the tester comes out clean/dry.
- Cool in the pan for about 20 minutes or longer before attempting to remove the cake. Shake the cake to loosen it from the side, then gently remove the side. Remove the bottom of the pan, and the paper and put on a cooling rack to cool completely.