выхад: 12 СЕРВІС час падрыхтоўкі: 30 ХВІЛІН час выпякання: 20 ХВІЛІН дадатковы час: 10 ХВІЛІН агульны час: 1 ЧАС
- 1 шклянку (200 г) цукру
- 1 ½ cups (200 g) all purpose flour
- ¾ cup (50 g) unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa (use a good quality cocoa!)
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ лыжка солі
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) buttermilk
- 6 Tbsp (85 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 вялікія яйкі
- ¾ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup (118 ml) boiling-hot water
- 3 cups (200 g) unsweetened, flaked coconut
- 1 cup (115 g) finely chopped pecans (use the nut of your choice)
- 14 oz (400 g) can caramel sweetened, condensed milk
- 1 лыжка ванілі
- ⅔ cup (150 ml) heavy cream
- ¾ cup or 5 oz (150 g) good quality semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips, chunks or pieces
Разагрэйце духоўку да 350 ° C
Make the German Chocolate Cake
- Sift together the first six dry ingredients (sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt) into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a measuring jug, whisk together the next four ingredients (buttermilk, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla), and pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients onto the liquid in the bowl.
- Beat at low speed on a stand mixer, whisk by hand or use a hand mixer; scrape down the sides with a spatula, then mix at high speed for one minute.
- Return the speed to low, and pour in boiling-hot water and mix well, using spatula to scrape the sides so the thin batter is evenly mixed.
- Divide the mixture evenly into the 3 prepared pans. Bake 2 pans in the upper third of the oven, and one in the lower third.
- After about 13 minutes, reverse the trays, and turn them 180 degrees so they bake evenly. Continue to bake for another 7 to 12 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean
- Cool cakes in pans about 15 minutes, then run a thin knife around the edges and remove from the pans. Peel off the paper and allow to cool completely on a metal rack.
Make the Filling
- Put the caramel condensed milk in a medium sized pot and warm gently.
- Stir in the coconut. Then add the chopped nuts into the condensed milk and mix well. Keep warm until ready to fill cake.
Make the Ganache
- Place the heavy cream and chocolate in a pot over low heat and stir until evenly combined and smooth.
- Remove from heat immediately, and allow to cool slightly, stirring from time to time
Assemble the Cake
- You can choose to put the cake together on your cake plate or stand, or, if you want to go heavy on the ganache, assemble the cake on the cooling rack with a tray underneath to catch the excess. If you don't have a large cake lifter, I would advise putting the cake on the serving plate to decorate.
- Spread half of the coconut filling on top of one layer of cake while still on the cooling rack. Using a wet spatula helps the filling not to stick.
- Top with another cake layer and repeat with the remaining coconut filling, and top with the last layer of cake
- Place the cooling rack with the cake on top, over a tray to catch the dripping ganache. Make sure the ganache is not too warm, or all of it will run off the cake, but not too cool, or none of it will spread. You can check by pouring it onto the back of a spoon to see how it runs off.
- Slowly pour the ganache onto the center of the cake, allowing it to run off the sides. You may need to tip the tray a little to "help" the ganache run off all the edges evenly
- After all the ganache is poured, place the Inside Out German chocolate cake and tray in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Once the chocolate ganache has set, place the cake on a serving plate. I have a cake lifter which works extremely well to move cakes.
Serve the German Chocolate Cake!
- Keep refrigerated and bring the cake to room temperature before serving.
- Cake freezes well.