выхад: 1 РАБОЧ час падрыхтоўкі: 10 ХВІЛІН час прыгатавання: 55 ХВІЛІН агульны час: 1 ГАДЗІНА 5 МІНУТ
- 1/2 шклянкі (100 г) цукру
- peel from one scrubbed, organic orange, chopped into pieces (don’t worry about how you do this as it will go into a blender) NOTE: you will need the juice from this orange for the glaze, below
- 2 cups (275g) good quality flour (like King Arthur)
- 2 ч.л. выпечка парашок
- 1/2 ч. Л. соды
- 2 яйкі
- 1/2 cup (100ml) light-flavored olive oil
- 1 cup (250ml) yogurt (if using Greek yogurt, add 1 Tbsp milk or buttermilk)
- 3 to 4 drops of orange oil
- (4-6 fresh figs, chopped, to add into the batter, if desired)
- 7 or more fresh figs to decorate the top
- juice of one orange
- 1 / 4 кубкі карычневага цукру
- pat of butter
Preheat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC)
Grease and flour an 8" (20 cm) springform pan or loaf tin. You can put a liner in the bottom if you like, but it's not necessary.
Prepare the Orange Flavored Sugar
Place the sugar and chopped orange peel into a blender or food processor and blend until the the orange peel is fine.
Prepare the Dry Ingredients
Pour the orange sugar into a large bowl and add the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
Prepare the Liquid Ingredients
In a large measuring jug, combine the eggs, oil, yogurt, (buttermilk, if using) and orange oil and whisk to combine.
Make the Fig Cake Batter
- Pour the yogurt mixture in the jug into the dry ingredients in the bowl.
- Stir the yogurt mixture into the dry ingredients, just until barely combined (do ня mix until the flour is completely cleared).
- If you are adding the chopped fresh figs, add them now. Just don't overstir the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Decorate with Figs and Bake
- Split the remaining figs in half and decorate as desired. I cut the center fig into 6 pieces (keeping the bottom intact) and used six other fig halves around the perimeter. However, you can decorate the top as you like.
- Pop this beauty into the oven for about 50 to 55 minutes. While the cake is baking,
Make the Orange and Brown Sugar Glaze
Put the orange juice, butter and brown sugar into a small pot and simmer for about 7 or 8 minutes for a sticky glaze.
Glaze the Cake
- Just use a tester to make sure the cake is ready before taking it out of the oven. It should come out clean when inserted into the cake.
- While the cake is still hot, pour the glaze onto the cake. Then brush the top to distribute the glaze evenly.
- Allow to cool before serving.