выхад: ONE CAKE час падрыхтоўкі: 10 ХВІЛІН час прыгатавання: 30 ХВІЛІН агульны час: 40 ХВІЛІН
- about 4 small or 2 large (375 g) cooked, cooled beets (I like baking them in foil to keep them dry)
- 1 гарбатная лыжка ванільнага экстракта
- 1 1/2 cups (350 g) sugar
- 16 oz (500 g) oil (I used olive oil and avocado oil)
- 5 яйкі
- 2 1/2 cups (340 g) all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 / 8 ч.л. солі
- 50 grams (9 tbsp) good quality dark unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Barry)
Mocha Buttercream Ingredients
- 1/3 cup (75g) butter, at room temperature
- 4 cups (500 g) confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 cup (35 g) good quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup (60 to 80 ml) cold strong coffee
- 1 лыжка ванілі
Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Prepare two, 8″ or 9″ baking pans (or one, 9×13″); butter and flour them well.
- Puree the beets in a food processor along with the eggs, vanilla, oil and the sugar.
- In a large bowl, place the dry ingredients, then add the pureed mixture.
- Beat with an electric or stand mixer on low speed until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until done a a tester (or skewer) comes out clean.
- Remove from pans after a few minutes and allow to cool completely on racks.
- Meanwhile, make the buttercream frosting by beating the butter until soft, then adding the sugar, cocoa, 1/4 cup (2 oz) coffee and salt, and mixing until creamy and smooth. Continue to add more coffee until a soft, spreadable, or pipable consistency is reached.
- Cut the tops off the cake to make them level, you can see photos on гэты пост. Place one layer of the moist chocolate cake on a serving plate and spread some buttercream on top.
- Place the second layer on top and decorate as desired with the frosting and other decorations, if desired (I put some almond crunch pieces on the sides.)