выхад: 8 OZ час падрыхтоўкі: 2 ХВІЛІН час прыгатавання: 6 ХВІЛІН дадатковы час: 2 ХВІЛІН агульны час: 10 ХВІЛІН
A rich brandy sauce that's perfect to serve on Christmas pudding or other desserts.
- 2 egg yolks, preferably organic
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbsp (150 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 2 сталовыя лыжкі цукру
- good quality brandy 2 tsp to 2 Tbsp, as desired (I recommend 2 Tbsp)
- Whisk the egg yolks, cream and sugar in a pot over low heat. Do not stop whisking and keep the heat low so that the custard doesn't curdle. Don't worry if it does, there's an easy fix.
- Continue whisking until the mixture thickens and becomes a sauce. (If you want to serve this to young children, remove some and add a drop of vanilla.) Add the brandy to your liking, from two teaspoonfuls to two tablespoonfuls (or more), but be careful not to add too much brandy or the sauce will become too runny. I used two tablespoonfuls.
- Whisk well so that the sauce is completely smooth. Pour into a serving jug to pour over the Christmas pudding before it's cut into pieces, which makes for a beautiful presentation. However, it may be more practical to cut slices and place in bowls, then pour the sauce over the top. I'd recommend this if you won't be finishing the entire pudding in one go.