выхад: 8час падрыхтоўкі: 10 ХВІЛІН час прыгатавання: 20 ХВІЛІН агульны час: 30 ХВІЛІН
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, chopped or sliced into small pieces
- 2 ст.л. свежага цытрынавага соку
- 4 Tbsp of sugar
- 1 box of puff pastry (16 to 18 oz pkg) cut into 5" x 5" (12.5 cm x 12.5 cm) squares
- 1 яечны бялок
- a little coarse sugar or powdered sugar for decoration
- (optional: fresh whipped cream)
Oven 400ºF (200ºC)
- Place the apples, lemon juice and sugar in a pot over medium heat and cover with a lid.
- Toss to turn a few times, but only steam them for a few minutes, just to soften them a little. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- On one piece of puff pastry, put about 2 tablespoonfuls of apple filling. (Tip: if you have two sheets of puff pastry, keep the one you're not working with in the fridge as it's more difficult to work with when it gets warm.) Imagine that there is a line diagonally across the pastry and keep the filling on one triangle of the square.
- Wet two edges of the puff pastry with your finger dipped in water. Then fold the empty corner of the pastry over the apples and seal the edges with a fork. With a knife, make a small slit or two in the top of the pastry.
- Repeat with the rest of the apples and pastry, and place on lined бляху. Brush with a very slightly beaten egg white (do not let it get frothy, just to make it easier to brush), and sprinkle with a coarse sugar. Another option is to omit the sprinkled sugar and just dust the apple turnover with powdered sugar after baking.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 mins. until golden brown.
- Allow to cool if filling with fresh cream or the cream will melt. Slice the top part of the pastry open, without cutting the top off completely.
- Fill with freshly whipped, unsweetened cream. (Add a dusting of powdered sugar if you like.)