выхад: 8час падрыхтоўкі: 15 ХВІЛІН час прыгатавання: 40 ХВІЛІН агульны час: 55 ХВІЛІН
An easy and delicious cranberry apple dessert that's sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 6 small or 4 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into slices
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup (4 oz) fresh (or frozen) cranberries, washed
- 1/2 шклянкі (4 унцый) цукру
- 4 унцыя сметанковага масла
- Мукі 3 унцый
- 3 oz rolled oats
- 2 oz brown sugar
- 1 oz white sugar
Preheat oven to 375˚F 190˚C
Prepare the Fruit
- Steam the apples, with sugar and lemon juice for about 6 minutes, tossing every 2 minutes.
- Add half a cup of the cranberries into the apples, stir and immediately place into a pie dish. Sprinkle the rest of the cranberries on top and set aside.
Prepare the Crisp Topping
- Cut cold butter into pieces in a large bowl, then add the flour.
- Using two knives, cut the flour into the butter so the butter ends up in small pieces. Using your hands (don't use a mixer) rub the pieces of butter into the flour so you end up with large crumbs.
- Toss in the oats and stir to mix in evenly.
- Next, add the sugars and gently mix so that it is also evenly distributed throughout the crisp mixture.
- The end result will look like this. It truly only takes a few minutes to make.
Top and Bake the Apple Cranberry Crisp
- With a large spoon, or even your hands, add the topping to the fruit in the pie dish.
- Evenly distribute the crisp topping over the apples and cranberries.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes, uncovered.
- After 30 minutes, turn the dish in the oven (180 degrees, meaning half a circle, not temperature) and continue to bake another 10 to 15 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown.
- You have lots of choices on how to serve apple cranberry crisp! First of all, you can serve it warm or cold (I suggest warm). Next, you can choose to serve it as-is, or plain.
- Serve with freshly whipped cream.
- Or serve with real, homemade custard.